14-kilometre stretch of exciting rapids will provide 2 hours of white water rafting. Rafting through the river calls for extreme courage and bravery.
And it is located in Kolad, a thriving tiny village in the Mahad region in the state of Maharashtra.
TheRafting schedule depends solely on water release by the Dam (Govt.) authorities. Water level then rises makingRafting possible. The time of water release is generally at 08:15 AM. There could be a delay in release of water, in which case your Rafting session is delayed. There have been rare cases when the Govt. officials have not released water (typically 5 such instances in 365 days).
About the Rafting Programme:
Distance - 10 km on the water.
Rapids - 10 ranging from Grade 2 to Grade 3.
Rafting Duration - Approximately. 2 Hour
Reporting Time : 08.00 am
Start of Rafting is dependent on release of water from the Dam.
Client Requirements - minimum 14 years of Age with reasonable level of fitness.
POINTS TO REMEMBER:
- The Rafting trip is on the Kundalika River in Kolad, Maharashtra
- Wear comfortable clothing; shorts, t-shirt & footware you can get wet in Carry a towel, change of clothes, sunscreen & water bottle
- It is cumpolsory for customers to wear helmets & life-jackets provided
- The Rafting trip takes approx 2 hours from start to end
- Rapids will range from 1 to 3 grade, everyone must paddle & participate this is not a joy ride
- All rafts are guided by an experienced & trained Rafting Guide
- Customers cannot carry your belongings on the raft, please leave them in your car or at accomodation.
- On weekends there is no minimum customer requirements to book your trip
- On weekdaOys we need a minimum of 4 customers to run a trip
- You MUST pre-book your Rafting trip in advance by online booking
- Customers must report at the Rafting start point near Ravalje Dam by 8 A.M.
- Parking is available at the Rafting start point
- The Rafting trip does NOT include transport from the end point to the start point (18kms), Rickshaws can be booked at the start point only
Rates for White Water Rafting:
Weekends & Bank Holidays: Rs. 1245/- per person
Weekdays: Rs. 875/- per person
The above mentioned charges includes
1 Rafting session on Kundalika River
Rafting Guide Charges
Rafting Equipment Charges and All Govt. Taxes
For online booking :http://www.kundalikarafting.in/rafting/book-online.aspx